Monday, November 30, 2009

Family Update – Marty Kantola’s Family

Since we have blogging experience, I (Kristi) have been “nominated” to represent our family on this blog :)

My parents (Marty & Debbie) recently went to McCall and Boise to visit Grandma Edith Kantola. It’s a beautiful time of year in McCall and they had a great visit with Grandma. She is in good spirits and really enjoyed seeing them. Here’s a few pictures from their trip.collageIMG_2435 collage2 The house in Donnelly, ID where my Dad grew up:collage3Visit with Grandma:
IMG_2464 IMG_2466  IMG_2467Just a quick family update. Anthony and I are living in Melbourne, Australia on a two-year contract with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Anthony’s employer. We are working on plans to move back to the northwest in May 2010, but in the meantime you can read about our “adventures” on our personal blog: www.anthony-kristi-harris.blogspot.com.

Katie got her master’s in education three years ago and has been teaching ever since. She has taught third grade, second grade, and this year she is teaching kindergarten. She lives in an apartment in Hockinson, about 20 minutes from Vancouver, WA.

Jason is in his third year at Northwest University just outside Seattle, WA. He is planning to major in communications. He is living in a house with two other guys near the university and enjoying being out on his own.

Dad and Mom just celebrated their 30th anniversary in August! They are part-time “empty-nesters” while Jason is in school. But Jason spends summers at home, so they don’t get too much of a chance to be lonely :)

We had some family pictures taken in September this year when Anthony and I were home for a visit. (From left to right: Katie, Anthony, Kristi, Marty, Debbie, Jason)

Family Pics 2009 103 Click here if you’d like to see more pictures: Family Pictures 2009

We have enjoyed staying in contact with everyone and love this greater family blog. We hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! Love, Kristi & Anthony (Marty, Debbie, Katie, & Jason)

2 comments:

  1. Kristi..Marty and crew...so lovely. Thank you for sharing. Gary is snoozing so this was a lovely album to come across and bless my evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cheri,
    I heard about your dad and I am heartly sorry. I truly was hoping he was getting better. I want you to know that I am praying for Gary and Your family. I wish you only the very best. Please take care and know that I think of your family often. Leon and I will be in Chile for another year, although I am ready to go home now. Love Leon and Renee

    ReplyDelete